The Camron-Stanford House is located at 1418 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA 94612 on the shores of Lake Merritt.
A visit to the Camron-Stanford House is a step back in time. Our self guided tour will lead you through our period rooms, each decorated in 19th century fashion. Along the way you will learn about what it was like to live in this house during the 19th century, and about some of the people who called Camron-Stanford House home.
Continue your visit in our lower exhibit gallery to learn more about life in Oakland and California during the 19th century. Exhibits rotate throughout the year.
Currently on Exhibit: Tattooed and Tenacious: Inked Women in California’s HistoryFind a Ticket
Public open hours will resume Sunday, July 11, 2021.
The Camron-Stanford House is currently open Sundays from 11am-3pm. Last admission for self guided tour at 2:30pm.
- Standard Admission- $5.00
- Members and Children- Free
- Camron-Stanford House is a proud participant in the Museums for All program. Show your EBT card for free admission for up to 4 people!
Camron-Stanford House is pleased to offer advance booking, for your convenience. Please show your printed or mobile ticket to the volunteer docent when you check in. Tickets are only valid for the date displayed on the ticket. If you are unable to visit as planned, please contact us to transfer your ticket to a different date. Refunds will not be offered.
Admission may be purchased on site at the time of your visit. Admission may be paid via cash or credit card.Find a Ticket
Docent Led Tours and Private Group Visits
Camron-Stanford House currently offers self-guided tours of the decorated period rooms. Regularly scheduled docent-led tours will begin soon! Please check this page for updates.
Private tours for groups of 10 or more people are currently available upon request. Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance and are based on availability. Please contact us for more information.
The Camron-Stanford House was built in 1876. Unfortunately we are not fully ADA accessible. The lower exhibit galleries and lower-level restroom are accessible to all. The self-guided tour will require the use of stairs.
For those unable to traverse the stairs, we have available a full 360 degree virtual tour of the period rooms. Please inquire with a volunteer for access to the virtual tour while on site. For further accommodations or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us in advance of your visit.
- Makes are required for all visitors while inside the Camron-Stanford House, regardless of vaccination status. No exceptions will be made to this policy. This includes children over the age of 2.
- Camron-Stanford House reserves the right to make amendments to the mask policy at any time. Please be sure to follow directions of on-site signage, staff, and volunteers at all times.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell. We are happy to rebook any pre-purchased tickets.
- Restrooms are available, please remember to wash your hands and make use of hand sanitizer available throughout the museum.
- Please be mindful that others’ comfort levels may be different from your own, and respect the space of others around you and practice social distancing whenever possible.