The Camron-Stanford House is located at 1418 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, CA 94612 on the shores of Lake Merritt.
A visit to the Camron-Stanford House is a step back in time. Our self guided tour will lead you through our period rooms, each decorated in 19th century fashion. Along the way you will learn about what it was like to live in this house during the 19th century, and about some of the people who called Camron-Stanford House home.
Continue your visit in our lower exhibit gallery to learn more about life in Oakland and California during the 19th century. Exhibits rotate throughout the year.
Camron-Stanford House is currently open limited hours for the Fall/Winter:
- Sundays from 11am-2pm (Last admission at 2pm)
- Private viewings of Town Landmarks: Abstract Oakland by Jorge Bejarano available Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, by request.
- Standard Admission- $5.00
- Members and Children Under 12- Free
- Camron-Stanford House is a proud participant in the Museums for All program. Show your EBT card for free admission for up to 4 people!
Admission may be purchased on site at the time of your visit. Admission may be paid via cash or credit card.
Docent Led Tours and Private Group Visits
Private tours for groups of 10 or more people are currently available upon request. Requests must be made at least two weeks in advance and are based on availability.Please contact us for more information.
Field trip tours are available for all Oakland school classrooms. Please get in touch with us to learn how we can help support your classroom curriculum this year. Field trips are offered complimentary, and classrooms are paired with one of our knowledgable docents, many of whom are retired educators.
The Camron-Stanford House was built in 1876. Unfortunately we are not fully ADA accessible. The lower exhibit galleries and lower-level restroom are accessible to all. The self-guided tour will require the use of stairs.
For those unable to traverse the stairs, we have available a full 360 degree virtual tour of the period rooms. Please inquire with a volunteer for access to the virtual tour while on site. For further accommodations or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us in advance of your visit.
- IMPORTANT: Beginning February 1, 2022, all visitors 12 and older will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, per an emergency ordinance established by the City of Oakland. Adults, age 18+, should be prepared to show a matching photo ID along with their vaccination record. Digital and paper vaccine records will be accepted.
- Masks are optional (though encouraged) for vaccinated staff and visitors while inside Camron-Stanford House.
- Camron-Stanford House reserves the right to make amendments to the mask policy at any time. Please be sure to follow directions of on-site signage, staff, and volunteers at all times.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell. We are happy to rebook you if you’ve pre-purchased tickets.
- Please be mindful that others’ comfort levels may be different from your own, and respect the space of others around you and practice social distancing whenever possible.