Welcome to the Camron-Stanford House
The mission of the Camron-Stanford House Preservation Association is to preserve and protect this landmark Victorian home and garden for the public’s delight, and to promote an appreciation of local history through engaging exhibits and events.
The Camron-Stanford House is the last of the beautiful Victorian mansions that once surrounded Lake Merritt, and was the home to five influential families before becoming the first museum in the City of Oakland.
The restored home helps visitors time travel to the 1880s and enter meticulously recreated living spaces while learning about the early days of Oakland as a city. In addition, the house presents various exhibits throughout the year that focus on aspects of life and culture in the 19th century.
COVID-19 UPDATE: ALL PUBLIC TOURS AND EVENTS ARE POSTPONED. CHECK HERE FOR UPDATES ON WHEN IN-PERSON OPERATIONS WILL RESUME.
New at the Camron-Stanford House
The Camron-Stanford House is located on Lakeside Drive, on the shores of beautiful Lake Merritt in Oakland, California.
Our Address is 1418 Lakeside Drive Oakland, CA 94612
Private tours for 10 or more? Contact us.
Adults — $5.00
Seniors — $4.00
Children — Free
Limited public parking is available to the left of the house down the long driveway and parallel along the same drive.