ONLINE TICKET SALES END 10/29 at 4pm. TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE GATE.
Join us for a family-friendly Halloween celebration at Camron-Stanford House! In our Haunted Garden you’ll find:
- Halloween and Fall themed arts & crafts
- Lawn Games
- Food Trucks (Cali Cruisin and Los Locos)
- Game Truck Arcade-A-GoGo
- Shop with spook-tacular local vendor The Haunted Manor Boutique
- Stroll our Morbid Desire Halloween exhibit
- …and plenty more spooky fun in store!
Tickets: $5 (members and children under 12 are free!)
Halloween and/or Victorian period costumes for this event are encouraged!Purchase Tickets
- Face masks are required inside Camron-Stanford House at all times. Masks are encouraged in the garden.
- Garden gates will open at 11am. Entry is first come, first served with priority given to advance ticket holders.
- There may be a brief wait to enter the garden if many people arrive at one time.
- You may arrive any time after 11am.
- VIP workshop will begin promptly at 11:30am in the lower galleries. VIP refreshments will be available beginning at 11am.
- Food trucks will be available to purchase food and beverages
- Use your wrist band for re-entry!
- Interior of house will be accessible to visitors after the VIP workshop ends at approximately 12:30pm.
- Event will end at 4pm.
VIP Experience: Artist-Led Discussion and Art Demo
Catrina and Catrin Day of the Dead Dancing Puppets
In the early 19th Century the famous newspaper illustrator and engraver, José Guadalupe Posada, invented La Catrina (The Elegant Lady) to mock the European-influenced ruling class of Mexico during the autocratic rule of Porfirio Diaz. La Catrina, has become an iconic symbol of Días de los Muertos and reinvented in the form of a variety of elegant ladies. These Catrina and Catrin dancing puppets are inspired by the Day of the Dead toys that emerge during the season to remind us to poke fun at death and celebrate life.
Join teaching artist Evelyn Orantes for a discussion about these iconic figures and other traditional Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) alter elements. Following the discussion, Evelyn will lead the group in creating your own Catraina and Catrin dancing puppets to take home with you.
VIP tickets also include complimentary refreshments in private reception space. VIP experience will begin at 11:30am. Tickets include admission to The Haunted Garden.
Tickets: $30 (Limited availability, no walk-ins)Purchase VIP Tickets
Face masks must be worn at all times while inside the Camron-Stanford House, regardless of vaccination status. Please be mindful of fellow visitors and follow all social distancing guidelines while on site.