Event Setup Crew
Reports To: Event Coordinator, Executive Director
Status: Part Time/On Call/Seasonal; (approximately 10hrs per event)
Camron-Stanford House is seeking a dedicated, responsible crew member to assist with weddings and other special events on site during the Summer and Fall event season(June – October)
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Set up and teardown events at Camron-Stanford House, including wedding ceremonies, receptions, and other private events.
- Assist Event Coordinator as needed throughout the event.
- Monitor and maintain venue during event as needed
- Post-event clean-up to include emptying site trash and recycling bins, putting away event furniture and supplies, and assisting with preparing the museum space for visitors
- Good time management
- Ability to be flexible and accommodate last minute changes to event plans
- Good communication with colleagues, clients, and guests
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Available on weekends
- Past event and/or catering experience preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift and move 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand, walk, and carry items throughout the venue
- Must be able to climb stairs independently
- This is a part-time (approximately 10hrs per event), seasonal position that is expected to last July 2021-October 2021. There may be additional opportunities for work when events are scheduled throughout the year outside of this timeframe.
Work Environment: The Camron-Stanford House is a 19th century building and is not fully ADA accessible. This role may require using narrow staircases and lifting up to 50 lbs.
About the Camron-Stanford House: The Camron-Stanford House is the last of the beautiful 19th century mansions that once surrounded Lake Merritt, and was the home to five influential families before becoming the first museum in the City of Oakland. The restored home helps visitors time travel to the 1880s and enter meticulously recreated living spaces. In addition, the house presents various exhibits throughout the year that focus on aspects of 19th century life and culture.
The Camron-Stanford House celebrates diversity in all forms, and we are committed to creating an inclusive, safe, and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Apply: Please send resume to email@example.com
Posting Date: June 21, 2021