Part Time Event Coordinator
The Event Coordinator will be a member of a collaborative team working on an as-needed basis to oversee private events held at the Camron-Stanford House. They will serve as the official on-site representative and point of contact for the museum for clients, event planners, vendors, and caterers.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling site tours with prospective clients, communicating rental information and overseeing venue deposit agreements. They will be the lead point of contact for clients in the time prior to event rentals, including confirming event details and managing client records. They will be responsible for updating internal event schedules and communicating event information to the team.
The Event Coordinator will be onsite during events from set up to tear down and manage security and janitorial staff.
During the extent of COVID-19 related closures, the Event Coordinator will primarily work from home, with site visits as needed. An ideal candidate will be flexible and interested in adapting our private events program to follow all state and local health guidelines and procedures as they evolve.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Monitor pre-event load-in and set-up by all event vendors including caterers, production companies, entertainment etc.
- Understand and stay updated about museum guidelines regarding use of the facilities and guest safety, and ensure vendor compliance with these venue guidelines.
- Monitor load-out oversee cleanup after the event has ended.
- Ability to give instructions and direction to others; interpret and explain museum policies and procedures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to demonstrate sound judgment; work well under pressure; successfully handle multiple conflicting priorities.
- Punctual, dependable and conscientious; reliable and trustworthy; detail-oriented.
- Ability to work Saturdays from mid-June – early October.
- Flexible schedule during the rest of the year with occasional weekend and evening shifts required.
- Spanish proficiency is a plus.
- Previous event experience preferred.
ABOUT THE CAMRON-STANFORD HOUSE
The Camron-Stanford House is an historic house museum and event venue located on Lake Merritt in downtown Oakland. It is the last of the beautiful 19th century mansions that once surrounded Lake Merritt, and was the home to five influential families before becoming the first museum in the City of Oakland. The restored home helps visitors time travel to the 1880s and enter meticulously recreated living spaces. In addition, the house presents various exhibits throughout the year that focus on aspects of Victorian life and culture.
The site is not fully ADA accessible. This position requires the ability to use stairs and occasional lifting of objects up to 50lbs.
The Camron-Stanford House celebrates diversity in all forms, and we are committed to creating an inclusive, safe, and welcoming environment for all staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
January 11, 2021
Looking for information about internships? Visit our Internship page.
The Camron-Stanford House is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our staff, volunteers, and visitors, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.