The Secret Garden: A Victorian Oddities Event at Camron-Stanford House
August 22 @ 11:00 am - 4:30 pm$10 – $35
The Menagerie Oddities & Curiosities Market is pleased to present the Secret Garden… Proceeds from this Victorian inspired fundraising event will help support Oakland’s Camron-Stanford House, the last standing Victorian on Lake Merritt. The house, now turned museum, is a wonderful snapshot of a by-gone era with a detailed chronicling of what Victorian life was like in the East Bay.
Victorian Oddities Market: We’ve curated a special line-up of artists selling period-inspired wares, antiques, and collectibles.
- Join us for an exclusive VIP, early-bird shopping experience and a boxed luncheon with tea on the veranda overlooking the beautiful rose garden and Lake Merritt.
- Enjoy light refreshments on the lawn and music from the Barbary Ghost while you peruse the beautiful offerings from our vendors.
- Admission includes entry to the museum, exhibit, and oddities market with refreshments. (VIP also includes boxed tea luncheon)
- VIP tickets and General Admission tickets are available on Eventbrite. This is a ticketed only event. Walk-ins are welcome but you will need to purchase a ticket online or use a payment application at the door-NO CASH. (at the door apps include Venmo, PayPal, Cash App)
- Period dress is highly encouraged and those dressed in their finest mourning or Victorian fashions shall recieve a raffle ticket to win gift baskets with items from our vendors!
- Raffle tickets $5 each – enter to win a gift basket filled with prizes and items from our vendors. ALL proceeds from the raffle go to Camron-Stanford House!
- Boxed Luncheon w/Tea provided by https://wescafealameda.com
How To Get Here
The museum is a couple of blocks from 12th Street Bart Station and nearby several parking garages. Don’t leave anything visible in your vehicle and if you ride public transit (Bart included). Metered parking is available on the street. Valet parking is available at Lake Chalet.
- Masks…if you aren’t vaxxed you need to wear one. To use Bart or bus, you will also need to wear your mask.
- No animals allowed except SERVICE DOGS.
- ADA Access – The museum garden, restrooms, and lower gallery rooms with exhibits are ADA Accessible. However, the upstairs portion of the house is not as there is no elevator. A 360 virtual tour is available by cell phone with QR code to view at the event or home for those who cannot make the stairs. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact us for box luncheon with tea for special arrangements.
- ADA Parking – There are 4 dedicated spaces in front of the museum entrance as well as parking meters on the street. Metered parking is free with a placard.
- Is my 2020 GA or VIP ticket good for this event? This is a special fundraising event for the Camron-Stanford House so we’re not able to honor 2020 tickets at this event. However, you can join us 9/18 at our Haunted Halloween Market or 12/4 for our Holiday Oddities Market. 2020 VIP ticket holders can pick up their goodie bag at that time.
- How can I help make this a great event? …Spread the word and bring lots of friends!
Please contact The Menagerie Oddities Market with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.orgFind a Ticket